Monday, October 22, 2012

Time is sure flying by, October is coming to a close and I have yet to get my Halloween cards made.  I am sending out my Christmas cards to OWH (Operation Write Home) this week.  Thank you Lynette for adding to the box, our troops will appreciate the holiday cards.  You can see her blog here

Now for some pictures from last weekend with my niece and her family. Funny thing I don't think I got them into the pictures...... I think I was just as excited to see the animals....

Pictures from the Indianapolis Zoo






Now for a card.  I created this card in response to a post by one of the people I "follow", you can find the post here.  I make many, many cards for the trips and do enjoy it, but sometimes I see something like this and feel I need to take the time to create a card and send.  Trust me, I have TONS of stuff stashed in my "craft room".  So this is what I created



I used the stamp set from My Favorite Things Pure Innocence "Poppy".  The designer paper I found at Michaels and is My Minds Eye 6x6 stack.  My understanding is this is discontinued, but is being re marketed at Michaels.  I have bought multiple of these 6x6 pads with my 40% and 50% off coupon.  I can't resist.   This particular pad was called "Moments". 

The card base is bazzill cardstock, not sure of the color but it is a dark blue.

I used my Copic markers to color her in...... I have to say that coloring with them is something you have to practice, practice... and of course have decent paper.   I have practiced, I think I need to try better paper!

Anyway, I am just going to use the sentiment that came with the set "sending smiles", I hope that is encouraging enough.  I'm really not sure what to say under these circumstances.

So, I have a few new followers!  Wow!   The blogger world is very nice and thanks for the comments..... I need to comment back, I guess eh? 

No comments: